Marijuana Expungement Clinic
A Marijuana Expungement Clinic hosted by Majority Leader Crystal Peoples-Stokes
will take place on Saturday, October 16th, from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, at the
Greater Faith Bible Tabernacle at 391 Edison Avenue, Buffalo, NY.
The purpose of this clinic is to:
1. Explain automatic expungement to clients as it pertains to this law;
2. Provide each client with a client memorandum that fully explains the law;
3. Advise clients regarding the right to request the destruction of the conviction records;
4. Advise against requesting destruction of records for any noncitizen and provide a supplemental handout specific to noncitizens;
5. Assist clients who wish to request destruction to accurately complete the necessary application; and
6. Provide access to notaries as needed.
WBASNY WNY members who volunteer with the clinic will be covered under the Neighborhood Legal Services malpractice policy, and can also earn CLE credit through the Center for Elder Law & Justice for time spent assisting low income clients (0.5 CLE credits for every hour).
Members interested in volunteering at the clinic are required to complete a recorded training developed specifically for the clinic. It is 74 minutes long, and those who take it will receive CLE Credit.
Please contact Vanessa Glushefski to sign up as a volunteer and receive the necessary materials.